Institutions with blue-chip reputations and high-wealth stakeholders can be favored targets for those who want them taken down a notch or two during a crisis or tragedy. The solution is to plan ahead.
At the urging of the Board of Trustees, senior leadership of a troubled K-8 independent school in Virginia decided to review its crisis and emergency response procedures and draft a new comprehensive plan.
A wide range of potential scenarios was reviewed, from field trip accidents and serious weather emergencies to kidnappings. Vulnerabilities in the School’s procedures were identified and revised accordingly.
The school achieved optimal readiness to fully and effectively respond to a wide range of emergency situations and communicate effectively with families, staff, public officials, and the media.
- Case Study
- FIGHTING XENOPHOBIA WITH COMMUNITY ACTIVISM
- ELITE SCHOOL UNDER FIRE
- A Digital Solution to a Middle East Problem
- MAINTAINING SUMMER FUN AMID A THEME PARK BANKRUPTCY
- ASSIGNING RESPONSIBILITY FOR A FATAL HELICOPTER CRASH
- MAKING A CASE FOR THOSE WRONGLY DETAINED IN GUANTANAMO BAY
- EXPOSING THE FLAWS OF AN EXPERT WITNESS
- TROLL STIGMA
- WINNING DUBAI THE TRUST OF THE WEST
- A SOVEREIGN NATION
- A WALL STREET TITAN TEETERS ON THE BRINK
- AFTER A MEGA DATA BREACH, MONUMENTAL LEADERSHIP
- BLOCKING A BANK MERGER HALFWAY ACROSS THE WORLD
- BUILDING THE BRAND
- CHINA CHALLENGE
- CONGRESS PROBES A ROYAL FAMILY BANK
- GAO PROTEST
- GOD & GUNS: A DANGEROUS MIX FOR ONE DEFENSE CONTRACTOR
- HELPING AN AIRLINE PREPARE FOR THE WORST
- Case Study